The Board of Directors is pleased to announce that we are going to begin our first official membership drive. Our goal is to get everyone who is a member of our Facebook and Google Group to register as an official member of our organization.
Currently, membership in our organization is absolutely free (more details about membership requirements below). To sweeten the deal, we are holding a drawing for 3 gift subscriptions to High Country News and 3 gift subscriptions to the Ensign to give away. There will be a drawing for the first 100 people who join, then the next 100 and so forth until we reach our goal.
Besides the potential to win a magazine subscription, registering as a member allows you to:
- Demonstrate your commitment to the values of earth stewardship
- Meet and socialize with other Latter-day Saints who care about the gospel principles of earth stewardship
- Receive invitations and attend any activities that are sponsored by the organization
- Receive news from the organization
- Vote for the Board of Directors and have a voice in how the organization is run
- Serve on the Board of Directors or one of the other committees (if so desired)
- Help make this earth a clean, healthy place for future generations!
What is required for membership?
Membership in our organization is completely free. All that is required of you is that you donate one hour of your time to earth stewardship. You can do that in either one of two ways:
- You can donate your time and talents directly to LDS Earth Stewardship (by serving on a committee, or writing a blog entry, or helping to plan an activity, etc.)
- Or you can pledge to spend an hour of your time acting as a good steward of the earth in your local community (by teaching a lesson about earth stewardship to your ward or family members, planting a garden, picking up litter, using public transportation, or whatever being a good steward of the earth means to you)
So, if you want to show your commitment to the gospel principle of LDS Earth Stewardship, become an official member of the organization today!
How do I sign up?
All you have to do is fill out the Membership Registration form on the website. It’s that easy!
We also have a little thermometer on the right side menu of our website that will track our progress in meeting our membership goals, so feel free to visit the website to check on our numbers. feel free to check back and see how we’re doing!
In the meantime, come and pledge your support to our organization’s goals and mission by registering today!